COURT WILL NOT BE IN SESSION ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
Monday, November 5, 2018
Monday, November 12, 2018
If you have a ticket that reads "RETURN BY MAIL BEFORE OR IN PERSON ON: 11/5/18 or 11/12/18":
* Please fill out part "A" (plea of guilty) or part "B" (plea of not guilty) and mail your ticket(s) in to the court. If you plea guilty, the court will send you a fine notice. If you plea not guilty, you will be sent a letter to appear in court.
* Please note: The date on your ticket(s) is only a date to enter a plea, no other action happens on this date.
**The Court Clerk's Office will be CLOSED on Monday, November 12, 2018**
The following Vehicle & Traffic Court Dates have been added:
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 5:00pm
Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 5:00pm
Vehicle & Traffic, Civil Cases, Small Claims, Code Violations, Arraignments:
- Mondays @ 5:00pm (except holidays)
- 3rd Thursday of the Month @ 5:00pm
- 4th Thursday of the Month @ 5:00pm
**Phones are NOT answered during Court or after the Court Clerk's office closes at 3:30pm**
The Town of Wawayanda Court has a locked drop box within the court room. This drop box is for the convenience of the public to drop off traffic violations in the event the court is closed.
Traffic Ticket Information (Misdemeanors*)
If you are charged with a MISDEMEANOR*, you MUST appear. (* Transportation Law & Tax Law tickets may plea by mail.)
Traffic Ticket Information (Violations)
It is not necessary to appear in court on the date listed on the traffic ticket. Simply enter a plea of either Guilty or Not Guilty on the ticket and mail the ticket into the Court on or before the date listed. Be sure to include your correct mailing address.
Before You Enter Courtroom
When You Appear in Court
Be prepared to pay fine(s) with cash or credit card if a fine is assessed. Personal or company checks will not be accepted!