Monday, January 24, 2022, 04:00pm
Hits : 30701
Contact 845=355=5700 ext. 1 Court Clerks
Vehicle & Traffic, Civil Cases, Small Claims, Code Violations, Arraignments:
- Mondays @ 4:00pm (except holidays)
- 2nd Thursday of the Month @ 3:00pm
- 4th Thursday of the Month @ 3:00pm
**Phones are NOT answered during Court or after the Court Clerk's office closes at 3:30pm**
The Town of Wawayanda Court has a locked drop box within the court room. This drop box is for the convenience of the public to drop off traffic violations in the event the court is closed.
Traffic Ticket Information (Misdemeanors*)
If you are charged with a MISDEMEANOR*, you MUST appear. (* Transportation Law & Tax Law tickets may plea by mail.)
Traffic Ticket Information (Violations)
It is not necessary to appear in court on the date listed on the traffic ticket. Simply enter a plea of either Guilty or Not Guilty on the ticket and mail the ticket into the Court on or before the date listed. Be sure to include your correct mailing address.
- To plead "Guilty" fill out Section A and mail the ticket to the Court. You will be notified by mail the amount of the fine and the date on which the fine is due.
- To plead "Not Guilty", fill out Section B and mail the ticket to the Court. You will be notified of a court date by mail.
Before You Enter Courtroom
- Proper and respectful attire must be worn (no shorts, tank tops, halters, flip flops, etc.).
- No food or drinks in the courtroom.
- No gum chewing.
- Cell phones must be turned off.
- Disruptive children will be excluded from the courtroom, no exceptions.
- Talking and disruptive behavior is prohibited and will result in immediate ejection from the courtroom.
When You Appear in Court
Be prepared to pay fine(s) with cash or credit card if a fine is assessed. Personal or company checks will not be accepted!
Legal Aid Phone# (845) 291-2454
To Pay Fines Online: www.paycourtonline.com (a convenience fee will apply) this service is provided by nCOURT
To Pay Fines by Phone: call 1-888-912-1541 ( a convenience fee will apply) this service is provided by nCOURT
The court is open Monday to Friday 9 am - 3:30 pm. You can still make payments online and over the phone. Please Note: NOT ALL SUSPENSIONS CAN BE PAID ONLINE
You can call the Wawayanda Court Clerks - Monday to Friday 9 AM - 3:30 PM They are available BY PHONE to answer your questions 845-355-5700 Ext. 1
Location Town of Wawayanda Court
845-355-5700 ext. 1
Location 80 Ridgebury Hill Road, Slate Hill, NY 10973